The 5 Best Ways to Deal with Anxiety
As a massage therapist, I have seen the effects of anxiety on the human body first-hand. Clients who come in with symptoms of anxiety often present with physical symptoms such as muscle tension, headaches, and fatigue. This is because anxiety triggers the “fight or flight” response in the body, causing an increase in stress hormones and a tightening of the muscles.
However, there are effective strategies for managing anxiety and reducing its impact on the body.
Here are the five best ways to deal with anxiety:
- Regular massages (of course!) – Bodywork can help reduce symptoms of anxiety by promoting relaxation and reducing muscle tension. The gentle touch and pressure of massage can calm the nervous system, reducing the heart rate and decreasing the levels of stress hormones in the body. Shameful plug:Book A Massage now!
- Exercise regularly – Regular exercise is one of the best ways to reduce anxiety and promote overall health. Exercise releases endorphins, which act as natural painkillers and mood boosters, helping to reduce symptoms of anxiety.
- Practice deep breathing – Deep breathing and relaxation techniques, such as yoga, meditation, can help you calm down and reduce anxiety. These techniques work by slowing down the heart rate, reducing muscle tension, and promoting relaxation.
- Connect with others – Strong social support is a powerful tool in the fight against anxiety. Spending time with friends and loved ones, volunteering, and participating in social activities can help you feel connected and supported, reducing feelings of isolation and hopelessness.
- Seek professional help – If your anxiety is severe or persistent, it may be necessary to seek professional help. A mental health professional can help you identify the source of your anxiety and develop a tailored treatment plan, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, medication, or a combination of both.
By incorporating these five strategies into your life, you can reduce symptoms of anxiety and improve your overall well-being. I have seen the powerful impact that regular massage and self-care can have on a person’s body & mind. If you are struggling with anxiety, I encourage you to try these strategies and find the relief you deserve to live a happy and fulfilling life.
Zach Stahlecker, CMT, CAMTC #41331
Zach Stahlecker is an experienced bodyworker in Sacramento and owner of Sacramento Massage Studio. Over the years, he has created a thriving practice and an environment that unites serenity with healing. He prides himself on providing professional therapeutic services in a warm and comfortable manner.
Other articles you might also be interested in: Best Pressure Points to Relieve Anxiety
Tag: Best Ways to Deal with Anxiety