How Deep Tissue Massage Can Enhance Your Workouts
Do you have a regular fitness routine?
Well. If you make the time to work out regularly you should be making the time for regular bodywork!
If you are someone who works out four or more times each week, you should add a deep tissue massage to your routine. And make it monthly!
Tight muscles make your workouts suffer. Each deep tissue massage session focuses on those deeper layers of muscle tissue. A deep tissue massage can improve your body and your fitness goals.
Here are the top seven ways on how deep tissue massage can enhance your workouts:
- Improves Athletic Recovery And Performance – Studies show that deep tissue massages can help clear lactate and delay the onset of muscle pain & muscle fatigue. The researchers also point out the psychological benefits for athletes may include improved focus and confidence.
- Eases Inflammation – Deep tissue massage increases blood flow in the body. That in turn reduces inflammation. Chronic muscle inflammation can damage muscle tissue over time. (Although short bursts of it such as after working out or receiving a deep tissue massage can be beneficial)
- Reduces Aches and Pain – Deep tissue massage can break up scar tissue and physically break down adhesions which are bands of painful, rigid tissue better known as knots.
- Increases Range Of Motion – Having good range of motion is important for both muscle and joint health. Deep Tissue Massage can tame angry muscles that restrict movement around a joint. Encouraging joints to produce more synovial fluid for smooth joint articulation.
- Rehabs Old Injuries – Still feeling the pangs of an old injury? Deep Tissue Massage can help with chronic or recurring conditions such as tendonitis, lower back pain, migraine/tension headaches, hip/knee/shoulder trauma, and any other injury that occurs in soft tissue structures.
- Breaks Up Scar Tissue Making Movement Easier – Chronic pain and stiffness often occupy areas where people have scar tissue. Regular deep tissue bodywork helps break up scar tissue. This improves lymphatic circulation, range of motion, and flexibility in the area of the scar tissue. Shortly after surgery, patients are often encouraged to seek out deep tissue massages to minimize scar tissue buildup.
- Prevents Injury – Deep tissue massage encourages the body’s natural lubricant stimulation. It can also help with lactate clearance, delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS), muscle fatigue, and injury prevention. Making deep tissue massage popular with athletes (source).
It’s time to participate in your recovery just as much as you do in your workouts! Start by booking a Deep Tissue Massage now!
Zach Stahlecker, CMT, CAMTC #41331
Zach Stahlecker is an experienced bodyworker in Sacramento and owner of Sacramento Massage Studio. Over the years, he has created a thriving practice and an environment that unites serenity with healing. He prides himself on providing professional therapeutic services in a warm and comfortable manner.
Other articles you might also be interested in: 4 Steps To Destroy Stress
Tag: How Deep Tissue Massage Can Enhance Your Workouts